Congratulations to the 2014 Idea Pitch winners and a huge thank you to everyone who helped make the event great!
Do you have a new product or business idea? Want to win some cash? Business student or not, this is the event for you! The GVSU Idea Pitch Competition provides you with 90 seconds to present your idea to a panel of West Michigan judges for a chance to win a really big check. Take your idea to the next level, make business connections, and win cash; it just takes 90 seconds! No props, no powerpoints, just ideas. Are you ready to compete?
When & Where:
The final event will be held on Tuesday, October 6th at 6:00pm in the Mary Idema Pew Library. Light refreshments will be provided. If you have any questions regarding the competition, please us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Registration & Eligibility:
Registration is free to GVSU undergraduate and graduate students of all majors. Before registering, be sure to check out the Rules & Eligibility page. The deadline to register is Friday, October 2nd by 9:00 p.m. Simply submit the form located here to register.
Wait... What Exactly is an Idea Pitch?
An “Idea Pitch” or “Elevator Pitch” is a frequently used term which can be interpreted as “tell me about your idea in the time it takes to ride up an elevator,” i.e. 90 seconds. Presenting yourself effectively is an essential tool in the world of business, and a well-planned idea pitch can open doors in your future. Want some tips on the art of pitching? Check out our Pitching Basics page! There will also be multiple opportunities to practice your presentation. If you are interested in individual support, email the GVSU Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- 1st Place - $1,000
- 1st place winner is also automatically entered in the National Idea Pitch competition, held during the CEO National Conference in Kansis City. Conference ticket and travel expenses will be covered for the grand prize winner, paid for by GVSU CEO Club.
- 2nd Place - $750
- 3rd Place - $500
2014 IPC Winners
Maggie McGee, Happy Camper Lip Balm
Megan Lasley, the Ugly Food Truck
Tony Beranek, NinjaHelp
2013 IPC Winners
Jake Dykstra & Matt Freundl, Welder Shield
Justin Herd, the Bowl with Holes
Autumn Modena & Jenna Petersen, RefuTea
2012 IPC Winners
Jason Sissing, Pop-Top
Jacob Hall, Capable Solutions
Tran Pham, Cultural Program
2011 IPC Winners
- Miles Smith, Break Away Coupling
- Sam Rasmussen, Designer Vents
2010 IPC Winners
- Frank Leonard, Keg Regulator
2009 IPC Winners
- Michael Henke & Michael McCarthy,
- Ashley Van Roekel, Community Biking System
- Molly Gagnon, Spider Fighter
2008 IPC Winners
- Katie Racey, Formal Freedom, LLC
- Ben Demuro, The Tall Bike
- Chris Young & John Levandowski,
At Your Service Valet
2007 IPC Winners
- Joel Soelberg, Clean Scrapper
- Matt Senko, Tattoo Software
- Joe Pohlen, DormTshirts.com
2006 IPC Winners
- Allison Morrow
- Geoff Patterson
- Thomas Sanders, Jr.
2005 IPC Winners
- Joe Pohlen
- Erik Winquist